All About Electrolysis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

blend  

Latest topics
» Thread for Rosedust
fast blend EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:13 pm by Seana

» Buying a used machine
fast blend EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm by Seana

» -Information on this category
fast blend EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 6:05 pm by Seana

» Used Equipment ads
fast blend EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 2:44 am by Seana

» The learning resource thread
fast blend EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 9:01 pm by Seana

» New DIY laser scam device....the ME!
fast blend EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:16 pm by Seana

» One Touch/ finally free
fast blend EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 pm by Seana

» Hairtell announcement
fast blend EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:38 am by Seana

» Ok guys talk here
fast blend EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:19 pm by Seana

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

fast blend

3 posters

Go down

fast blend Empty fast blend

Post by Seana Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 am

Okay since I know at least two of the people I was hoping to join up here are now here:

James And Beate ( put you on the spot with our audience of 0)

I know beate has been experimenting with fast blend. There has been discussion of this elsewhere which resulted in a big fat 0 of information to be added. I think it's a great way to get topics moving, so:

Beate what have you learned with regards to this particular modulation. I know I have asked a certain person before ( yanno before I labelled him an asshat) and never recieved anything really about technique. He has talked about using mostly thermolysis with a little galvanic at the end, never really specifying. He's also stated on ocasion he uses both at the same time and that galvanic is on maximum (I'm guessing about 1 milliamp) . I'm curiious to know what you have experimented with and your success, what has been less so. I am interested in energy levels but I appreciate they may not be the same on a 27 mhz apilus versus my 13 mhz machine. Have you used omniblend? Or multiplex blend? My own judgement in the past has left me with the assumption that straying beyond the presets too apreciatively with thermolysis could be hazardous to the person I am working on ( probably me since any experimentation ges done on myself before going anywhere near a client) . Yet thermolysis is exactly what the primary person who practises this modulation says is the most important component. My feeling is he's probably just using regular thermolysis power levels, and then adding some DC to the mix, but that wouldnt make it much different than what we do for regular slow blend. Most of the "safe presets" run 9-12% thermolysis which is about the same as what they are in blend. I can definitively say that 35-40% is too much. So I'm wonderign what you would use as a starting point.

And I'm really thrilled to see you here, you were one of the people I was really hoping would take part, because you've so much to contribute.

Seana
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

fast blend Empty Re: fast blend

Post by beate_r Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:10 am

I'll give some examples as soon as i have the time.

Beate

beate_r

http://epi.ritzert.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seana Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:27 am

Completely understand. All the clients are coming back this week for me too after all breaking over christmas for a month. I have a new one friday I THINK if they follow through.
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by beate_r Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:31 pm

O, have looked up some old data. Machine is always my Apilus Junior, and it is mandatory to use it in pulsed blend mode because of the overcautiously limited RF intensity in omniblend mode. On the Platinum that mode is too aggressive - Blend and Multiplex thermolysis are far superior in any respect.

In order to be able to adapt to stronger or weaker hairs i was using typically for pulses, length 0.16-0.22 s to give the RF "recovery time" (which it does not seem to need because the RF signal seems to be switched.) These four pulses fit comfortably into the shortest possible time for the Galvanic current - 1 sec.
I usually did a pain tolerance test. But it is not very meaningful - in that short time window usually MUCH stronger currents are ok. My personal pain tolerance result is, for example, 0.58 mA, but within 1 sec, 0.99 is easier that 0.58 after 8 secs.
So my galvanic setting was usually 0.99% (like Josefa's!).

RF intensity was chosen to release an "average" hair in 3 pulses, and i worked progressively similar to traditional blend. For fine blonde hairs on the lower legs, the setting usually was in the 40% range.

I also tried settings with 7-9 pulses of less than .1 secs duration and at an intensity of 70-80% quite useful, but only in connection with numbing.

In order to get used to it, it might be useful to double the timings - but only to train to work progressively that fast. 2 secs is already more painful, and the galvanics need to be reduced.

And now? Using synchro (=flash) and the IBP and strong magnification i can release thick beard hairs with 0.2 sec and some 40%. Often in a single pulse.

So why should i still use blend?

beate_r

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:51 pm

I can only speak for myself, but I do get better results with blend than thermolysis on sensative skin, some just doesnt seem to react well to thermolysis alone. That is probably inexperience talking. Thank you for the numbers, your apilus Junior settings should actually be virtually identical to what I am using on my SM-500. I still wont use any laurier products whatsoever, so there will be no IBP for me.
I'm really surprised by the 40% number for thermolysis, but with low enough timing it may make a difference. The last time I tried that intensity I was pretty lucky I didnt cause damage.

If I understand correctly, the setting you are using comprise of:
1 second of multiplex blend with 4 pulses of thermolysis of 0.16- 0.22 seconds at 40% and 0.99 ma galvanic. Do I have this correctly?

You;'ll forgive if I find these settings surprising. About a 0.5 seconds thermolysis at 85% is all that is required to burn a probe through a skin tag for comparison, but I suppose there is more flesh to absorb that energy with an inserted probe. That would mean you're timing during that 1 second of blend tould toatal 0.64 seconds to 0.88 seconds, that really does seem a lot.

The galvanic setting I'm less concerned about, I pretty regularly am working anywhere from 0.65 ma to 0.75 ma over 8-10 seconds in experimentation though for shorter periods when I am doing that.

I have 2 clients coming in this week, and I suspect some experimentation will ensue. How are you finding the releases with this methodology?

Seana

Admin
Admin

https://electrolysisinfo.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beate_r Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Don't be afraid of such thermolysis settings. I am using pulses of up to 70 % (although i do not like that).

Our goal IS skin damage, otherwise we cannot kill hairs. As long as that keeps within reasonable limits it will heal perfectly. That's the whole story behind electrolysis, regardless of the method.

BTW: in my beginnings i was on a similar galvanic dominated trip like You, and i caused a layer of scar tissue in the deeper parts of my upper lip (the hairs were all partially treated). Even DIY, my results with flash were better.

You should seriously develop You working style toward Josefa's.

The 40% in the blend setting is a typical value for a specific client. This is actually a variable and needs to be adapted to something between, say 33 to more than 50%.

Beat

Beate

beate_r

Back to top Go down

Post by Seana Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:55 pm

beate,

Are you getting lye coming out of the follicle when you are doing your fast blend? I do tend to get an appreciable amount.

No scarring here so far. I still get some stray hairs but it's generally 2-3 over a month period now for the upper lip. And tiny tiny tiny. Just about done I would say. I dont ever trat any more frequently than 6 weeks or so anymore there just isnt enough to remove otherwise. The neck still isnt finished. Only nightfrost has worked there. I get 2-3 insertions done and get frustrated, so the timing is more suited to blend than thermolysis

I have great respect for Josepha's work. The problem really is I cant intract with her at all, I called Michael out on that business with german girl. Unfortunately the reality is I knew that stuff was going on for almost a year. James related such to me back in sept or oct of 2012 that he was sending people to him in an efort to discredit, thing is most of them liked James work and told Michael to stuff it, to what end he wasnt really sure.When I asked James what he was going to do about it back then, the response was " I have done something. I told you about it". Josepha was seriously pissed that I confronted Michael directly. As a result, I dont think she would talk to me at all. It's the primary reason I completely stopped posting and left the site.It is 99% dominated by Michael and Josepha. You are absolutely right though that there is more than just fast blend but that's all either of them talk about.
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by beate_r Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Seana wrote:beate,

Are you getting lye coming out of the follicle when you are doing your fast blend? I do tend to get an appreciable amount.

Sometimes, if there is really a lot of humidity, lye comes out of the follicle. But it does not need to - You see a clear difference in the color of a follicle killed by blend, one killed by thermolysis and parts which kept intact (which is not always a mistake because it my be sufficient to destroy the "uppermost" part of a follicle - really helpful when working on curly hair from negroid skin).

I have great respect for Josepha's work. The problem really is I cant intract with her at all,

But You can still study those many hints she gave me and try that out.

You are absolutely right though that there is more than just fast blend but that's all either of them talk about.

When i bought the Pure i received some really helpful hints by especially Josefa, but also some others.

Best

Beate

beate_r

Back to top Go down

Post by Seana Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:31 am

help me out here, which thread, because if it's recent I missed the interaction between you and josepha
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by Seana Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Well my client for today, who I'd hoped to do this on, has cancelled. This makes 3 weeks running, I do know she has some stuff going on that ranks in importance but it's disappointing because I have people I have turned down who happily would have started work, and I'm getting this alot. So it doesnt look like I'll get to try any fast blend this week. I give away my work, and I still have scheduling hell. I may contact back a few to see if they are wanting to start while those on pause until they get their own lives todgether . I just hate to do that, because then I get too much work coming in in a few weeks to get anything done in my personal life.

I think I may do an article coming up soon on client scheduling and the importance of maintaining regular treatment.
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by Seana Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Due to some delays in getting my clients in for treatment, today will be  the first fast blend day . I'll see what I think.
My client today was prewarned she was going to be a guinea pig, and we would be using some high intensity blend  with much shorter timing. She was okay with this.
I started with galvanic full out at .99 MA for 1 second. Multiplex, with 4  pulses originally at 0.16 seconds and 40% thermolysis . I wasnt happy with this, I was not getting releases  I increased the timing to 0.18 and left thermolysis at 40% and this helped immensely. I was getting releases with this, but some werent as smooth as I'd like. I experimented with 1 1/2 cycles ( so roughly 1.5 seconds treatment) and I got beutiful exractions every time. I think there is some experimenting still to do  on timing but overall I was very happy with both the speed of progress and the quality of the extractions. The client was carefully monitoring pain levels and I was checking in with her constantly. Overall she told me the treatment was much more tolerable than my slow blend because of the decreased treatment time.
There was some skin rection, but it didnt appear out of the ordninary just the typical red bumps after getting blend and this was immediately after. She did seem to be reacting as if her skin was warmer, and I reated with refridgerated aloe vera gel.  . She is going to monitor the skin over the next while and provide feedback. I did jump around to different areas, and wasnt concentrating treatment in any one place.
Overall client and myself both feel the experiment was a success.
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by Seana Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:02 am

Today was a brief session (45 minutes) of fast blend on a new client. I could get to like this modality. Some intensity adjustments but I'm in the ball park.
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by Seana Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:36 pm

I want to thank Beate for the information that started this journey. Today I worked for a couple hours on my longest client with fast blend, with mixed results.
I wasnt happy with what it was doing. I had been using two shots of one second which produces some minor blanching near the follicle. This didnt make me happy. Towards the last hour I adjusted the settings, increased the timing to 4 pulses of 0.21 seconds at 50% which was increased from 4 pulses of 40% at 0.20 seconds. This was sufficient to remove the hairs with no traction in 1 , 1 second pulse, without blanching. Sometimes the solution is to go up in intensity and not down.

Unfortunately, Sara didnt tell me she had some scabbing and yellow crust two weeks ago when she came. I realized as we talked afterwards she was seeing some weeping from about 6 follicles on her chin that would have gotten 2 seconds treatment. Had I known this had happened prior to the session, I'd have adjusted my settings from the start but didnt have this opportunity.
So I'm beating myself up a bit over it. I've sent her home with strict instructions to use a warm paper towel with water at least 8-10 times over the next 24 hours and she got soe teatree oil before she left here, but I dont like t all seeing that yellow weeping, it made me very uncomfortable. I'm hoping there is no negative effects, we'll give it some time and see.

On the up side today was the first opportunity I had to use the new esthetics bench I bought last weekend. This is a much improved scenario ergonomically. After 2 hours I was still good to go and do more. This is a posative improvement.
Seana
Seana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum